Tuesday, October 02, 2007

What's new in R&B, you ask? Vocoders are back, many thanks to T-Pain. If there's a bad T-Pain song I haven't heard it. He's responsible for Kanye West's best song and video off of Graduation. This is the kind of stuff I am digging on, right now, in the more ghetto vein of R&B.



The-Dream is a dream come true. He's singing songs about his Shawty and crooning about his best gal's orgasm, in a falsetto.

"She like ooh, ooh, baby, ahhh, ahhh, ooh!"

The-Dream - Falsetto

"Shawty is Da Shit" is all about growing up and noticing that the girl you played with as a Young G is growing up too, and out, I suppose (see Bewbs). "We Used To Kick Up At The Park, Now She's All Growwn Up, Rockin Them Stilettos, Jumpin Out That Mercedes Truck..."

The-Dream - Shawty is Da Shit

Nothing beats R. Kelly, the king of R&B's "I'm A Flirt Remix". Special guest none other than T-Pain. It's a club banger, booty banger, d*ck swanger.

R. Kelly - "I'm A Flirt (feat. T.I. & T Pain)

Old Skool R&B Jam of the day

Jeffrey Osborne - You Should Be Mine (The Woo Woo Song

(You'll have to jump. Sorry, embedding has been disabled by YouTube)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Best single of the year. However, the irony of Kanye using Jonas & François (directors of D.A.N.C.E.) is just to thick for me to swallow. re: Last years Euro MTV video awards hissy fit. "my video cost a million dollars n shit. if i don't win, the award show looses. nothing againts you, i ain't never seen your video"

bite bite bite!

good for Jonas & François though